Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Southbound

So we're back from our little road trip to the Metropolis south of here.

It was fun.

The End.

No, no. I mean, yes, it was fun, but of course I have to tell everyone all about it.

We drove down on Saturday, with beautiful weather. When we arrived, it was 81 degrees. (Seriously? Thought something was wrong. Haven't been that warm outside in months, I tell you.)

We checked into our motel, and our room was situated out of the way, in a corner, with it's own little hallway. Slightly excited, we thought that perhaps Priceline was going to redeem itself after the plight that was our hotel experience at T's sister's wedding.....

Then we went inside.





I think they may have been concerned with us leaping to our deaths. Sigh. (It doesn't really matter. It's just the view. Our other options were the parking lot or the airport.)

Anyway, we went over to my cousin's house for a 'Southern Genteel' party, where we drank Hurricanes and I hurled an entire bowl of screaming hot melted chocolate to the floor and shattered it. (We did not have devils food cupcakes for dessert. You're welcome, dieters.)

Also, I swore a lot in front of a reverend (Sigh.), told the Vomiting Grandpa and Adult Boobie Sucker (Welcome, Googlers!) stories, and laughed. It was nice.

The next day we went back to my cousin's, for a rousing morning of crosswords and coffee.

Did I mention that my cousin has 4 cats? And T is allergic?



The cats don't care. T takes a lot of medicine before we go over.

Anyway, we came back through NOT 81 degree weather.....



And everything is fine.

We leave for my mom's on Sunday. God help us all.

(AnnieB--Please don't be mad that I deleted your comment. I try to discourage name calling in the comments--Given names, anyway. {And I know how stupid that is considering I post photos. I just don't want anyone searching for my name and getting this site--it's happened before and was really, really bad.} I should have told you that before hand. I are not smart. Anyway, I'm so glad you likey, and thank you. {You should come up with some weird moniker for me or something. Can you smell the freshness?})