Thursday, December 28, 2006

Newfound needs

I am finding myself addicted to moisturizers. This is new, as I used to just let my skin fall where it may, never allowing it any type of quenching other than what I drank. Amazingly, coke is not a really good skin emollient. I looked like a lizard and my scaly, flaking skin left trails behind me wherever I went.

Then I moved away from the great dryness that is MT, and back to the sodden grounds of the rainforest, and my skin became drier by the moment. I still attempted to keep on with my glaring neglect, until....

I began to see the benefits of a good moisturizer. The people around me that use them are glowing, their skin dewy and radiant. I was captivated by the beauty of their skin, as my own left Pigpile-esque heaps around me.

And so. With my newfound income, I have a little money to burn. Since the lotions that i recieved for Christmas do nothing for me, other than cause me to break out in hives, (with the exception of what Jenn got me, that stuff is great, but in tiny containers, and it smells like pumpkin gingerbread so Thomas wants to chew on my arm after I use it) I took some of my tip money and went and got body butter and a soy facial moisturizer.

Now I too am glowing! My skin is supple and moist--words normally used to describe cake--and its lovely. I dont stick to my clothes anymore, or itch! my makeup goes on easier.

I can't believe I just wrote a whole post about moisturizer. Lord.