Alright, its 3 am the day after the quitting, so, like, less than 12 hours have passed and already everyone I work with knows that I have quit. I told 2 people, other than my boss.
REASONS I QUIT MY JOB: (other than the ones you may already know from reading here)
1)We have no need for inter office memos--see above statement.
2)I work in a sociopathic junior high
3)Management at my job is a joke at best
4)My job has been humping me up the butt without the common courtesy of a reach around for 18 months
5)I hate people. No, really.
AFTERMATH 12 HOURS IN FROM QUITTING MY JOB:
1)Everyone has been really, painfully, fakely sweet. Offering apologies for slights they have done, as now they know that any and all of the things they thought and said are incorrect because I QUIT, and therefore have to be more pissed at the current situation than they, and even though they are not the brightest lot, my coworkers, they aren't so dumb as to miss normal, glaring common sense. Most of the time.
2)Others are planning on leaping ship after me.
3)My boss took it like a champ to my face, I'm sure is having a mental breakdown/talking shit by now.
4)I feel immensely better already--physically and emotionally. Part of me is sad, because sometimes work was fun and I really loved the obscene amount of money I made there.
5)I am slightly terrified of having no gainful employment/source of income, regardless of the state of my savings account. Also, I am walking away from my uber late gilded benefits package--they were going to give it to me less than 15 days after my final day of work.
6)I think I am going to go back to school. Just cause, you know.
7)This means I have to go see my mother. "Have to" and "Will so she will finally shut the hell up about it" and "I think she may be dying" are interchangeable. More on that late.
So.....yeah. Wish me luck. Or something.
