I'm not a pirate.
The word of my quitting is moved over to different departments. It would seem that everyone above me, as far as management, is sad to see me go, as well as most people in other departments. The only people that appear to either a)not care or b)be happy are the majority of the people I work with on a daily basis.
Interesting. It also is rather telling that these same people who appear to be pleased are soon to have their asses handed to them (more on that in another post, for this has not actually happened yet), as well as the fact that I look forward to not seeing them again for any real reason. Thanks. So no one need worry that my panties are in a bunch. Cause they're not--they (as well as the rest of me, wardrobe or no) is pleased as fucking punch to be out of there.
Gone are the long hours, the 17 hour days, the stay-until-2am-and-return-at-9am crap, the continual rudeness of the public as a whole, the guilt trips, the crap and flaming hoops one need leap through for time off, the general lack of appreciation or joy in my life......Thrilled, I am.
We have made plans to go to a large city south of here after I quit and visit my cousin, whom I adore. We have also purchased plane tickets to go see my mother, which promises to be several posts in and of itself. (the woman lives in an RV with two cats and a semi-functioning toilet. It promises to be a relaxing retreat, I'm sure. Oh, have I mentioned T's allergy to cats? And my mother's raging alcoholism? And insanity as a general whole? As well as her drug dealing, lesbian ex-con spawning, Valium dealing, ant infestation having Jesus freak of a neighbor who sweeps the snow in her pajamas, her ancient flaccid breasts flapping in the icy wind, a doily with the center cut out placed atop her head like a hat? Have I mentioned her?)
Yeah.
