I really need to start writing again. Like, writing for real. Like I used to--the words used to fly out of me, it took everything I had to slow my brain down enough to get them out and onto paper in a somewhat decipherable fashion.
I stopped writing when my life fell apart. Just stopped--nothing. I have had a few blogs here and there since then, hoping that would inspire my brain to get the old juices flowing again.
But nary a word in almost five years. That's a long dry spell. Sometimes I worry that my writing was fueled by the insanity of my life when I was in HS and college.(Especially college. Jeebus.) I used to know I was good. I would get the writing bug and disappear for days at a time, headphones on, oblivious to nothing but getting words on paper. That feeling...
I haven't had it for a long time.
I do best during dry spells when given an assignment--weird, I know. If someone tells me "Write me a story about this!", I can do it. My friend J gave me a set of parameters for a story, and I have outlined and done research and character developments and all that....but the fact that he asked for a romantic comedy is setting me back. I don't do romance. Maybe I will change it, I know J would be ok with it, or just do my best to stay within the parameters and hope that it helps me grow as a writer.
I just....miss it being effortless.
