Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The White Death

It's still snowing.

Without cease.

I don't love it. I woke up this morning, it's snowing. Went to bed last night? Snowing.

And all this after I really tried to convey to Circe that this part of the country is a 'weather free zone'. Nature says: Pants on Fire.



I will have you all notice the color of the sky in this photo. (Yes, I took it though the sliding glass door in the dining room....sorry....)

This photo was taken at 9:30am. Ominous skies, that. Ugh.

So, being that it is/was cold and snowing and very cranky-making, I did what any self respecting human would. I made stew (and used up all the meat that was threatening to become freezer burned, which is good, but now the freezer is a waste land.) and hot chocolate.

And knit. And knit and knit and knit and knit and knit and knit some more.

I have knit myself into nerve damage. The way I hold my knitting needles rests on a part of my finger that seems to have a nerve close to the skin. The entire tip of that finger is essentially numb now....But I have lots more knitting to do. So...I improvised.



Medical tape. With grimy edges. Sigh. Such glamor. (The ring I'm wearing? T gave me that for my 16th birthday. Isn't that gross and hilarious?) But it works--I have worn a groove into it where the needle rests, but I can feel my finger tip again.