Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year....

Happy end of 2008, kids.

All told, 2008 was not a bad year. Sure, bad shit went down, (but this is me we're talking about here, what do you expect?) but all in all, not bad.

2009, however, better rock my damn socks or I am going to have words for the universe.

I am getting married in less than 7 months. I found a photographer I love, and I am hoping, fingers crossed, that they are 1)reasonably affordable 2)not assclowns 3)available.

Currently, I am sitting on the couch in my bathrobe, my nose threatening to tear itself off my face in order to get a better angle for bringing the pain to me. Stuffed up, wiped raw, forcing sneezes out of me (when there isn't just the huge sneeze lead up and then.....nothing. I HATE THAT.) and making sleep all but impossible.

After openly weeping in my kitchen yesterday morning from face pain and sleep deprivation, I made J go to the store to get me some Night-time liquid cold medicine. Which I then took a long pull off of and passed out. Slept for 11 hours, and felt much, much better for it. I plan on doing the same thing again tonight. (Because nothing says "Happy New Year!" like an over-the-counter-induced coma, right?)

T has to work tonight, so he will be ringing in the new year all alone, standing in the kiln control room, hating his coworkers.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like a holiday today. All I know is that I'm looking forward to messing up my deposit slips at the bank for the next three months. (I wrote 12/31/2007 on one today....I better get my shit together.)

Well, happy new year, readers. May 2009 be happy and prosperous to us all.