Alright, please bear with me on this one, I'm talking about things I know nothing about again.
Recently, every time you turn on Spike TV, there is a commercial about being a father. Reminding the men of America to talk to their children, play with them, be there for them....basically, a commercial advertising the act of being a parent.
See, I'm not a parent, and I am definitely not a father.....but have we deteriorated so much as a society that we truly need a commercial like these?
I come from something of a "do it yourself" parenting style household--meaning that both of my biological parents were too busy either getting wasted or being as far away from home as possible--I was kinda in charge of myself from a reasonably young age. If these commercials had been around 20 or so years ago....Would it have made a difference in my life? Would I have had a more 'normal' childhood/adolescence? I doubt it very much.
But if these ads are working, and even just one kid's life is made better by them, then I support them wholeheartedly. As much as I find it rather depressing that we live in a nation that requires them.
