100 Odd or Interesting Things About Me......
(This is more of a commitment than one would think. 100 is a lot.)
1) I never learned to ride a bike properly.
2) Nor did I learn how to swim properly either.
3) Despite the fact that I don't swim well at ALL, unless you compare me to a rock, I spent most of my formative years aboard a boat.
3) I suffered from night terrors as a child, and, because this is me we are talking about here, am one of the small percentage of adults that didn't grow out of them.
4) I have no enamel on my back teeth, and have to have them sealed once a year.
5) My favorite colors are royal purple, sapphire blue and emerald green.
6) I am terrified of moths.
7) I prefer a car with a manual transmission.
8) I am lost without a book. I always have to have some book I'm working my way through in order to be totally sane.
9) I love British humor.
10) I love cooking complicated, intricate things.
11) I knit often, but haven't progressed past "advanced beginner". I started my first sock yesterday, and I already fear for those around me when it gets complicated.
12) I hate crying. I will go to great lengths to keep myself from doing so, even when I am alone.
13) Reality television makes me embarrassed.
14) I will go out of my way to try and get someone a gift that I know they will love, and am always confused when someone does the same for me.
15) I am a control freak about really strange things. The order in which I shower, for instance. (HAIR FIRST! ALWAYS!)
16) I love to try new food. I blame my parents for this, as I was required to at least taste something before I said I didn't like it. I hated it as a kid, but now am proud to say that I have eaten things like cougar (tastes like pork), octopus, (Not that great. Texture, mostly) and Ugly fruit (it really is ugly).
17) In that same vein, I have eaten live fish. I don't recommend it, no matter how much Korean hot sauce you put on them first.
18) My favorite books cause either a)learning to happen or b)are totally fucked up. I own everything Chuck Palahniuk has written, as well as multiple anthologies on religion, mythology and the history of bread making.
19) I am rarely jealous.
20) I judge people far, far too harshly sometimes, and not harshly enough the rest of the time. I need to find some middle ground.
21) The idea of having a child terrifies me because I fear it would feel about me the way I feel about my mother.
22) I trust hardly anyone, but will tell anyone anything about myself if they ask, fully expecting them to use it against me at some point.
23) Since I was a small child, I have wanted to be an author and an English teacher, as well as a pastry chef. I'm not sure how you can combine those three things into a lucrative career.
24) I only watch television if it is readily available. If it isn't, I often don't notice for a while.
25) After my father died, I didn't turn the television on for nearly 3 weeks simply because it wasn't on when I walked in the door and I forgot about it.
26) I love techno/house music. I also love industrial/metal music. This confuses most people.
27) I believe in having a strong work ethic, even if you hate your fucking job.
28) I have never had a job I loved.
29) I hated college.
30) I find myself dissatisfied with at least one thing in my life at all times.
31) I refuse to own anything that is dry-clean-only.
32) I will buy things that cannot go in the dishwasher, much to the distress of my late father.
33) Blue pens bother me more than they should.
34) I don't really believe in family.
35) Being genetically related to someone shouldn't mean you have to love them, or see them if you don't want to.
36) I am a firm believer in evolution and natural selection.
37) I believe in capital punishment, but feel that death row inmates should not be kept separate from other prisoners.
38) I always vote.
39) I don't trust police officers. The only ones I do I knew personally before I knew they were cops.
40) I know I don't trust the police because the cops where I used to live were crooked as all get out.
41) And they shot and killed my stepfather in my front yard, that may have something to do with it too.
42) Somehow I seem to be more traumatized by my father's death than my stepfathers, and I was far, far closer to my step dad.
43) Everyone in my immediate family has/has had a substance abuse problem of some kind.
44) Organized religion confuses me.
45) I get motion sickness terribly. I came into this as an adult.
46) I had the chickenpox twice.
47) I have never broken a bone.
48) The worst job I ever had was either in a library or a veterinary clinic. Tied.
49) I have only had one job I wasn't really good at.
50) I believe in karmic retribution.
51) I hate to shop for clothes.
52) I have more pairs of socks than I will ever need, yet buy more constantly.
53) I didn't have acne of any kind until I turned 19. It was like the zit switch got flipped on my 19th birthday or something.
54) Snow makes me angry.
55) Rain makes me happy.
56) I get sunburned when it's overcast.
57) If I could afford it, I would get braces.
58) My teeth are not horribly crooked in any way that effects the way I look, smile or talk.
59) My bite is wrong in about 48573 ways, which causes me to have tension headaches a lot.
60) Everyone in my family gets migraine headaches.
61) My favorite sports to watch are Hockey, Sailing, Soccer and Porn.
62) Anyone that tries to tell me that porn isn't a sport is wrong.
63) I would like to welcome everyone all the "Porn isn't a sport" googlers and the like to this site.
64) Eighties music makes me happy.
65) Eighties clothes being back in style does not.
66) Two of my sisters had catholic weddings. They are both atheists.
67) I have nieces and nephews that are older than me.
68) I am a cat person.
69) I hate flying.
70) I plan on travelling a lot in my life. Thank God for Xanax.
81) I am pro choice.
82) I am a bad cell phone owner. I don't take the phone with me very often, and when I do, I forget to turn it on. This is a recent development.
83) I believe that laughing will fix a lot of what's wrong with you.
84) The hardest class I took in college was Buddhism.
85) The most boring class I took in college was Archaeology.
86) The most interesting class I took in college was Human Sexuality. (also the most horrifying, actually.)
87) I took five years of Spanish, and forgot almost all of it.
88) I have six tattoos, one of which is readily visible.
89) The conservative retirees I wait on at work are typically tickled by the fact that I have tattoos.
90) That makes my brain hurt more than anything else.
91) I have no patience for most people.
92) I feel guilty when those close to me fuck up.
93) I drink water very, very rarely and I know that it is so bad for me to do that.
94) I secretly love Ludacris and Busta Rhymes.
95) Nascar makes me want to tear my own eyes out.
96) I don't like toast, but eat it anyway because it reminds me of my step dad.
97) I was raised on peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches instead of peanut butter and jelly.
98) I realized I was an adult about a year and a half ago.
99) I am anemic.
100) I watch the food network almost 100% of the time.
Damn, I'm boring! Haha.
