Ok. So I have been hugely delinquent in my posting, but I was off on the WORST 'VACATION' EVER. (I'm thinking of trademarking that title, actually.)
Not all parts were bad. But the parts that were bad....well, they more than made up for the good parts.
I have started, and been working on, a post about our experience with the lovely hotel since my return from said hotel a week ago. Also, our trip to the ninth circle of hell, or the local auto mall(s). After about 2 paragraphs, I'm too irritated to continue.
(this means something. Irritation is usually my muse.)
I said something to a coworker today that I think is an accurate description of myself.
"I used to be painfully shy. Then I got pissed off and stayed that way."
And I sometimes wonder to myself why I have an ulcer and greying hair.
Anyway, all of that will be more fully explained later. For now....MEME!
(aside: The term "meme" makes me think {and laugh} about my old boss's children. to the four year old, a 'mimi' was a binkie, and to the 1 year old, it was a blankie. the baby would hold her blanket over her head like a ghost and wander around in circles saying to herself "mi-mi-mi-mi-mi........Mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mi......" while her sister would wander around looking for her stolen binkie. Hilarity! Maybe you had to be there.)
A
Always: Find something to smile about. Sometimes harder than others.
Average:Is relative?
Age:25.52. Yes, I did the math. Officially closer to 30 than 20. Always the baby, right?
B
Beer: Is a good thing
Birthday: 3/12
Boast: I am thinner now than when I moved here. Bitches!
C
Crush: I would totally do the pretty boy that plays the green arrow on Smallville. And then make fun of the butt chin he is sporting.
Car: Please don't go there.
Cry: I need to allow myself more time for crying.
D
Days: Often spent watching the food network in my jammies, drinking coffee and dreading the hour when work is happening.
Dream:To be content, secure, happy, and financially stable. In Tuscany/a boat on the Mediterranean.
Dare: to keep kids off drugs? to eat adventurously! I love me some new food!
Drug: other than the periodic bout of emotional self flagellation, nothing.
E
Eggs: Don't much care for the eggs. Custard, however, is fair fucking game.
Email: I love it. I check it a lot. Send me an email.
Envy: Lifetime students.
F
Flavors: Not in combination, mind, but....Bleu Cheese, Roasted brussel sprouts with bacon, dungeness crab and CURRY! (and diet dr.pepper cherry vanilla. Sweet, sweet heroin.)
Favorites: Really good books, kitty cats, good photos, strong coffee, good Cabernet....flannel sheets!
Flaws: I smoke. I bottle my anger. I pick at my fingernails. This list would be very, very long.
Finicky:Not really. Control freak about my little life, but not finicky. Does that make sense?
G
Grateful: I am grateful for my intelligence, my red hair, my friends, the fact that I have food/clothing/running water/roof over my head......
Gifts: I can knit. I can cook like a motherfucker. I'm rather witty, sometimes.
Gum: Gum is reserved for when I try to quit smoking, therefore, I don't chew it.
Gross: Any kind of moldering food. I CANNOT DEAL.
H
Hair: is dark red and to my shoulders? Super curly but I beat that shit into submission with the straightening iron daily. Oh, and for another post--I haven't shampooed my hair in three weeks. I'm using this new cleansing conditioner....and it works.
Height: I am taller than average, but would like to be taller.
Happiest: Nook, Book, flannel. There it is. The recipe for happy, my friends.
Hate: intolerance of any kind.
I
Ice Cream: skinny cow.
Instrument: Bass clarinet.
Idols: People who live life totally honestly and without embarrassment--totally for themselves.
Independence: Thank you.
J
Jewelry: the St.Christopher's medal and the silver ring don't come off. Earrings change daily, and are usually very dangly and silver.
Jail: NO.
Jammies: Dad's Snohomish Tribes Tshirt and the ultimate jammie pants from target.
K
Kids: I love other people's children if they aren't brats.
Karaoke: I hate Thursdays. Almost as much as happy hour.
Kicks: Driving with loud music on, preferably Daft Punk, Fear Factory, Deftones, In Flames,or Tricky, lately.
L
Love: The blessings in my life.
Life: Ice skating uphill, mostly.
Lost: Not always a bad thing.
M
Milk: Don't do a lot of milk either. Again, with the custard.
Miss: Innocence.
Movies: if I can stay awake, sure!
Memory: Terrible.
N
Nails: They're fake. Sorry.
No: A word I could use more often.
Name: Chuck Palahniuk used it in a novel because he thought "It's the most horrible name for a woman ever."
Never: forget to preheat the oven
O
Ordinary: Shoe size.
One: reason I like my job
Office: HAHAHAHAHA.
Only: so much patience
P
Pet Peeves: lateness
Primal urge: Cull the herd.
Personality: Strong.
Pain: Red heads have a higher tolerance for pain, did you know that?
Q
Quick: to laugh
Quirk: I will push my glasses up my nose when they aren't on my face, so I just poke myself in the bridge of my nose. Super attractive.
Qualms: people who act like F&B workers are in a lower caste than they.
Quest: To be the best me I can be. (So, so, so cliche. Sorry.)
R
Reason: I can be overly logical sometimes. Is that possible?
Reality TV: HATE.
Rage: Mine's named Carl. He lives inside me all the time.
Regret:I try not to.
S
Season: Autumn.
Shoes: Running shoes or flip flops.
Silly: am i tired? Then probably.
T
Tattoos: Indeed.
Time: Did you know you can get a lot done if you don't sleep or eat?
Ticklish: I will tear your arm off.
Taste: Saturated colors, mostly. Modern, clean.
Torment: High heeled shoes.
U
Undress: For bathing.
Unpredictable: Some things in my life are
Unfortunate: wardrobe choices on SO. MANY. PEOPLE. It's like the white trash olympics out there, people!
Unforgettable: Mostly bad stuff with some good stuff sprinkled on. Like the weddings this year, those were good.
V
Vegetables: I love them
Virgin: Islands? Records?
Vacation: Dirty, filthy word.
Voice: Not as attractive as I think it is in my head.
W
Worst Habit: Smoking, cutting myself down
Wish: To be totally satisfied in every way
Waste: I try not to. Really.
Wander: I should do this more.
X
X-Rated: Can be hilarious.
X-Rays: The last real one I had, I threatened to kill the nurse. She moved my foot in a way it DID NOT WANT TO GO--hell, after that, did we even need to see if it was broken?
X-marks the spot: I got nothing.
Y
Year born: What's next, my ssn?
Yes: to diet pepsi
Yellow: My old kitchen! With the stenciled hummingbirds! SO UGLY.
Yearn: To get the masters degree
Z
Zodiac: Pisces
Zealous: with my pours when bartending. Ssssh, don't tell.
Zzzz: Oh, yes, baby.
