Friday, August 1, 2008

Humor....Not Really.

So when T and I went to Vegas, and on to the Hoover Dam and Big Canyon, we stopped in two towns in Arizona, the names of which made us laugh our asses off. Mostly because we had been in the car for hours and hours and hours, were tired and hot, and we're jackasses.

Saligman and Kingman. (SaLIG-MAN! KING-MAN! Super Heroes!)

We decided that these two towns would fight each other, on and on....Yeah, we're weird.

Anyway, I just popped over to my site meter and saw that someone from Kingman AZ had taken a gander at the site.

Welcome, person from Kingman. Your presence made me smile. Thanks. :)

***********************************************

T's sister A is coming over today to help me sort out the screaming pile of stress that is my wedding. I am meeting with caterers and florists and so on this week, and need to be prepared. Also, I want to talk to her about the reception site and so on....The poor dear. She probably doesn't know what she's signed up for. (Actually, I think she knows exactly what she has signed up for, and the fact that she is still volunteering to do this stuff for me makes me wonder if she's a bit nuts. Actually, she's freakin' awesome (nuts or not), and I would be lost without her. I just have a hard time thinking that people who are not obligated to want to help me. But that's another post for another day, methinks.)

Then, two weeks from now, I am starting the process that makes me want to lie down on the floor and wail until it's over.....

Dress Shopping.

I hate to try on clothes. I hate to wear dresses. I hate anything uncomfortable. I hate people staring at me, I hate being the center of attention....and white? Really? The jig is up, people.

My mother is beside herself because I don't want a veil. I think my mother has fallen victim to the infamous disease that plagues mothers everywhere.... "I Always Thought You Would Do It This Way", perhaps with a smattering of "I Need To Live Vicariously Through You-itis".

No, but really? I have serious, deep seeded body issues. I have a really hard time wearing anything that could potentially show any flaw I feel I have. uuuughh.

*********************************************

Also, my sister(s) and weird, bitchy nieces that I haven't seen since they were toddlers (and are now in college/last few years of HS) are coming to visit later this month.

If anyone needs me, I will be weeping openly in the garage.