Sunday, August 3, 2008

Wed-Dink

Alright, since Moni posted photos of her little bundle of joy, I will add more info about the wedding.

For fear of boring the world, I had not mentioned much about the wedding. I don't want to come off like a bridezilla, or like one of those girls who allows their entire identity to become the wedding.

I am neither of those things. Big time. It is fun, I guess, to be planning a huge (and I mean HUGE) party in the name of T and My's love for each other. It's endearing, really, the concept that it will be a matter of public record, and therefore, history (to those people who like to pour over old records in little towns, anyway) that T and I loved each other.

I am not a romantic. I am not a girlie girl. I don't like dresses, I don't really like flowers, I am not the hearts and pink rhinestone kind of girl. Woman. Whatever.

This has been a bit of an issue for me. I am clinging to the expertise of others, to the ideas of those women more into girlie things. Sigh.

Anyway, here is the general idea(s) for the wedding. (All penis-owners out there, I'm sorry. Prepare to be bored.)

Alright.

Wedding colors:

Matte Black
Ivory
Dusky Tiffany Blue (More slate than that)
Dusky/slate lilac purple

We're going for more of a vintage feel. The black and ivory are the main colors--all other color is going to come from the flowers. (Those secondary colors are still kinda up in the air. I'm thinking the flowers are going to be in those families....but I am still kinda drawn towards the really bold colors as well. We will see.)

The men are wearing slim-fitting pin-striped suits. The girls are wearing very 'Audrey Hepburn' dresses, black, boatneck, with an ivory sash and under skirt.

Everything in the reception site is going to be either ivory or black, with candles everywhere and flowers. The flowers are going to not really match each other...does that make sense? Different styles of decanters, same flowers, but different arrangements.

Anyway. I'm boring even myself.

Here is the site:








Anyway, T is wandering around in there, as well as the site director, and E, my dude-of-honor.

Well....Any thoughts? Help is good. :)