Oh, TMI Tuesday. (Yes, it's Sunday. I'm BORED.) How I don't want any part of the sex questions. (Again, not appropriate blog fodder. And maybe....Maybe I will bring back that entry. Maybe.)
1. Prudence: When do you feel it is most important to exercise prudence? When is it acceptable to throw practicality out the window?
I have a tendency to be overly practical. I really try to look at things from all sides, and use logic. A lot of people tell me this is a good thing, and makes me stand apart from 'the pack', as it were, because I try to take all sides into account, and see what all the outcomes would be with all courses of action. I annoy myself when I do this too much because I over think a lot of shit.
When is it acceptable to throw practicality out the window? Ooph. I have a hard time not being responsible. Like, when we went to Vegas, I spent money that I had in savings. I took that money, knowing that I could spend with without any financial ramifications, but still felt guilty for not saving that money. For not leaving it where it was and having a modest time while we were there.
I suppose everyone needs to cut loose every now and again....but I have a hard time.
2. Justice: Is a sense of justice really a virtue, or is only a tool that allows us to pass judgment on others without feeling guilty? What do you feel is the greatest injustice facing the world today?
I think that justice is a virtue, however, I don't necessarily agree with the way 'justice has been served' in a lot of things. I also don't think that revenge is a good form of justice. The greatest injustice? I can only pick one? Oh lordy. Uhm, well, Hate. Hate of any kind, for any reason. Religious intolerance, sexual, racial, economical--hate. I think that if the world could overcome it's hatred of the unfamiliar, the general ignorance most people hold so dear, everyone would be better off. But I'm not holding my breath.
3. Temperance: All things in moderation. Should we allow ourselves a few excesses? How well do you restrain yourself when faced with your deepest desires?
I think that you should be allowed a few excesses, within reason. I don't think those excesses should negatively impact your family or your life. (i.e., my drunk mother drinking to excess, costing us all tons and tons of things, like money, respect and love.) But like I said before, everyone should be allowed to cut loose now and again. How do I restrain myself? I really have a hard time when it comes to food. I really, really, really love me some food. The rest of them....(aside from smoking) aren't that hard.
4. Courage/Fortitude: How well do you confront fear and uncertainty, or intimidation? Does facing the little things make you as brave as facing the big things?
I have had a life filled with these things. People tell me I am strong and brave, but I don't really believe them. I just accept these things as the only option and plow forward. And stress my face off. I think that (depending on the thing) big and small things are all a matter of perception. It's how you handle it that counts.
5. Faith: Is it important to have faith? How steadfast are you in your core beliefs? Do your core beliefs equate to faith in something?
I think it's important to have faith....but not necessarily "Faith", like religion. I think you should have faith in yourself, in what's important to you. That has nothing to do with "God" as a concept. I am ridiculously steadfast in my core beliefs--like, oh, treat everyone equally regardless. My core beliefs don't really equate to faith in anything, being that I am not a religious person in any stretch of the word, but I suppose that's something that is different from person to person.
6. Hope: Does having hope for the future help you deal with the present? How good are you at finding the good in the bad? What is the thing you hope for most?
I lost all hope a long, long time ago. I don't hope for anything, really. I mean, not in everyday life. I'm more of a worst case scenario person. Plan for that and then you're pleasantly surprised all the time. I don't ever really see the good in the bad until everything is over with. What do I hope for the most? I hope that I have a great wedding. That my life will be stable and happy. That my future children will be healthy. That T is safe and healthy at all times.
7. Love/Charity: How easy is it for you to give selfless, unconditional, and voluntary loving-kindness? How easy is it for you to receive selfless, unconditional, and voluntary loving-kindness?
Very easy for me to give. Very hard for me to accept. If I love you, I love you. That's the end of it. If you love me, I typically thing you are deluding yourself. T still manages to love the dickens out of me, though, even if I think he's crazy and I'm just really, really blessed. (But that's more self hatred than anything else.)
