Friday, January 5, 2007

Sleeping With the Enemy

Every day when I go to work, my father accuses me of just that, sleeping with the enemy. See, the town in which we live is a resort town, and owned by a corporation. It wasnt always this way. People who have lived here for more than 10 years remember the days in which you could paint your house without corporate approval, had a say in landscaping, and could go out to eat without paying higher prices becuase, you guessed it, corporate gets a cut.

I dont mind sleeping with the enemy. I dont really agree with the corporation I work for, on any level, other than the fact that they have deemed me worthy to work for them and pay me more money than I have ever made. That I whole-heartedly concur with. Sign me up.

However.

I recieved my first paycheck of any substance today. For some reason, the corportation has not figured out exactly WHERE in the company I work, as my paycheck was sent to a totally different department. A department I have never worked in, let alone BEEN in for more than 10 minutes while at work. Did they look at my timecard? Apparently not, as it would have said....I WORK IN THE SAME PLACE EVERY DAY!

This is classic behavior from the company. Things like this happen regularly--It has been equated to a monkey rodeo before. Dont get me wrong--they have brought tourism and money to this sleepy little town, which is great--but they have also pissed a lot of people off and make retardo mistakes on a regular basis. Irregardless.

Im not terribly sure where I was going with this. I like my job, it pays well, the people are nice, but the company is a bunch of barrel-racing apes.

Sounds about right for Corporate America, no?